from January 1, 2020, new state building standards will start to apply (GOS V.2.2 – 41: 2019) regarding the design of residential and public buildings above 73.5 m. This was announced on October 8, 2019 on his Facebook page. former deputy minister of regional development and construction Lev Partskhaladze.
“The new standards contain a number of important innovations, in particular, new technologies and solutions, confirm the use of modern materials that are already used throughout the highly developed world, and will now be in Ukraine,” Lev Partskhaladze writes. So, one of the main changes, the former deputy minister calls updating the norm regarding the design of high-rise buildings. Now there is a norm limiting the height of residential buildings and public buildings at 100 m. Starting January 1 of next year, it is allowed to build public buildings up to 150 m high. Given that the average floor height is 3 m, the maximum permissible number of storeys of such buildings will be 50 floors.
In addition, the new rules spell out:
- mandatory energy efficiency of high-rise buildings of a class higher than “B”;
- minimum rigidity requirements for steel and reinforced concrete structures for the construction of more reliable structures of high-rise buildings;
- requirements for the minimum thickness of the floors of buildings that are erected in areas with seismicity up to 7 points;
- obligatory aerodynamic airflow of high-rise buildings of complex geometric shape or design to ensure comfortable wind flows;
- increased fire safety requirements.
New GOS “High-rise buildings. The main provisions ”were developed by the SE“ Research Institute of Building Production” to replace the GOS “Design of high-rise residential and public buildings”.